World Class Schools for the 21st Century
It is universally acknowledged that we are preparing young people for a world which is significantly different to that of twenty years ago. Young people need to perform in a diverse global economy which is typified by technological innovation, is highly competitive and where entrepreneurism is celebrated. World Class schools equip students with knowledge, skills and confidence to thrive in a challenging international environment where those who succeed take risks and continually pursue improvement. World Class students are educated to be active and effective citizens who have qualifications which give them choices, and the competences to choose well. They have developed a level of emotional and intellectual literacy which enables them to navigate a potentially bewildering plethora of opportunities and achieve success and contentment for themselves.
World Class Students
It is the calibre of the student which proves the calibre of the school. If the school is truly World Class then the students will be able to own and demonstrate World Class qualities.
A World Class student
- is highly literate scientifically, mathematically, technologically and culturally
- consistently out-performs students from similar contexts, and is committed to continually improving their performance
- is an excellent learner, dedicated to life- long learning
- is a compelling candidate in their field for higher education and/or employment, being globally aware , confident and prepared for life in an international environment.
World Class schools cannot be World Class in isolation and the Mark maintains a growing network of private, public and third sector partners to support schools as they develop. These organisations have a significant contribution to make to the integrity and credibility of the mark, providing endorsement, intelligence, market analysis and sponsorship. The World Class Schools Quality Mark brokers partnerships for its members with education systems and providers outside the UK to share their knowledge, experience and expertise.
Our schools are recognised as providing outstanding educational opportunities for their students and believe that operating globally will further enhance this offer and enable their students and staff to gain a better understanding of the world.
If you are interested in working with World Class schools - or joining the network - please get in touch.
Potential World Class schools are already deemed to be outstanding by 'Ofsted'. The World Class Schools Quality Mark seeks to establish whether they have achieved the much harder feat of imbuing their students with outstanding characteristics. The assessment process for the Mark is innovative and provides a unique insight into the impact schools have on their students.
The World Class Schools Quality Mark descriptors apply to the students, not the school. Schools undertake a self-assessment exercise to establish whether the Mark is right for them. A sample of students, selected by the school, will then be assessed according to the Mark's criteria through an assessment centre process. If the school is genuinely World Class, then its students do not need any additional preparation for the assessment. The assessment is an entirely celebratory and developmental experience for the students who receive individual recognition and certification for their participation.
Accredited schools are required to reaffirm their World Class status every two years.
Benefits of becoming a World Class School
Unrivalled enrichment, employment and further education opportunities for students
- participation in international partnerships and study abroad
- access to unique, exciting and highly attractive work experience opportunities that develop employability skills, and social and moral competencies
- access to a certification process and international opportunities, that provide a competitive edge for places at the best domestic and international universities.
Significant revenue generation opportunities
- on-going revenue generating opportunities internationally, through for example, provision of curriculum and staff development, start up, back office, and school improvement expertise.
Opportunities for staff
- extensive incentives for effective recruitment and retention, such as opportunities for staff to work and develop their practice internationally
- opportunities to work with, and learn from, outstanding practitioners from other potential World Class schools.
Invaluable performance data
- access to a unique assessment process that assesses the student not the school
detailed profiles of students' individual performance at an assessment centre event
- a profile of students' typical performance against peers from other potential World Class schools.
Prestige, profile, influence with a range of interested parties, including parents
- parental confidence that their children cans operate effectively as global citizens, and develop invaluable skills for success in life beyond school
- prestige beyond an 'outstanding' Ofsted grade
- a top place in international school rankings
- the chance to participate in a high profile group of schools, whose power to influence national and international education policy is becoming significant.
World Class Schools Quality Mark welcome applications to join the network from UK secondary schools that have already been deemed 'outstanding' by Ofsted, and have a subsequent outstanding track record. These schools will be representative of the very best 'outstanding' secondary schools in England.
For an informal conversation about the benefits of membership and the accreditation process, please contact us for a conversation with one of our assessors.